Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hello, Stranger! (Lots of photos...may take awhile to load)




Wow a lot has happened since my last post.  I feel awful that I’ve been away for so long.  I’ve missed my bloggy buddies.  But I’m realizing how quickly life moves once there is a little one taking up your time, and I am determined not to miss a single second of my little guy’s childhood…even if it means sacrificing some of my interests for awhile.  So I won’t promise that I am going to write more.  I will promise that I am going to try to do a little better.  I miss this.

I don’t have the slightest idea how to catch everyone up on everything that has happened since I last wrote.  So, given that they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I will post a bunch of pictures of Ian and hope that they tell some of the story.  I’m still madly in love with Ian.  People tell me “wait until [insert next step of development].  It is so much harder.”  So far, I’ve found those people to be wrong.  I feel like things just keep getting better and better.  Ian is taking his first little steps (on his own) now, and he is a little parrot…trying to mimic everything we say (and failing miserably for any word that doesn’t start with a B and D or an M).  He plays funny little games and is CONSTANTLY smiling.  But I will say, for all the joy and happiness I feel during my waking hours, there are still some nights when infertility haunts me.  Sometimes I wake up and “forget” for a second that we have a baby…feeling like we are still back to trying without success to get pregnant.  I assume feeling must be from bad dreams just carrying over into my first waking seconds, but I wonder why I am having those dreams in the first place.  I wonder if I will have them forever… if they are some kind of a scar left over from years of trials.  I feel guilty for having those moments.  I feel more guilty that I want to forget about infertility, put it in a box, and store it away forever…never thinking about that pain again. 
 
But enough of the Debbie Downer stuff.  On to the photos.

Yes...my little genius is attempting to eat grass in this photo.  lol.

Pugs and Kisses
Bright-eyed boy
First Halloween...a golfer like his daddy.
We love our football


First walking practice session
Hello, Ladies.

This was taken right before that basket exploded into pieces.  I told the photographer he wouldn't fit.  Luckily no one got hurt.



Swimming is still his favorite activity.



Where did the year go?

















9 comments:

Marianne said...

He is so beautiful :-)

Endo_Life said...

Wow one already! Happy belated 1st Birthday. Good to hear from you.

Charlotte said...

He is beautiful, so glad to hear that you're doing well!

S said...

So great to hear from you! What a cutie!

Hope you are doing well. I've missed your posts. :-)

Christina said...

Happy birthday big boy! He is so cute and adorable!

Lindsey said...

He is precious! I love the kissing pug one! I can't believe your miracle baby is one! Where did the time go?

Anonymous said...

hello there,

i chanced upon your blog a couple of days ago while searching the internet on stuff relating to infertility. Reading your stories makes me laugh n cry at the same time. I can understand the pain you went through, having been through some of it myself, even though we are from different countries. You are really so brave for sharing so much online and for going through so much to become a mom. I am still on the way there, and i hope i will get there some day (having seen so many doctors, my case seems to be a mystery).

You may not be able to choose your parents/sister, but i am sure you can make sure your kid doesnt have to deal with the type of family you yourself grew up with. You are doing such a wonderful job! :)

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and I love it! I can relate to almost everything. After lots of ivf cycles we are moving on to donor. I was wondering if i Could ask you a couple of questions? If you don't mind, my email is janabacellar@hotmail.com .
Tks! Jana

S said...

Princess, thinking of you. It's been a long time since your last post, and I am hoping that is simply because life is so busy and full of enjoyment of Ian! :-)

Best to you.